Associate, Howard College
Big Spring, TX
1990 to 1993
Certifications and Licenses
• W.A.I.T. training certified (Why Am I Tempted) abstinence only until marriage curriculum
• Facilitator of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens –Franklin Covey and Success Highways-ScholarCentric (Certified)
• Bilingual - Spanish
• CPR AED-
Elevate Dallas, Dallas, TX
November 2018 to Present
Teach Character Education and Life Skills.
Director of Student Ministries
RO Dallas, Dallas, TX
February 2017 to November 2018
•Developed and taught Character Education and life skills.
• Prepared proposals for program funding.
•Monitored and prepared the annual budget.
•Supervised and planned the activities for the after school and summer program.
•Train and Supervise teachers/volunteers.
•Developed relationships with Community programs ex: Sky Ranch/Rainbow days.
•Meet with parents, teachers and staff to discuss students progress.
•Participate with City Square Food Program.
•ARC facilitator (Building Strong Family Relationships)
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS, Fort Worth, TX
June 2015 to February 2017
•Conduct Strengthening Families curriculum based support groups.
•Assist with training of volunteers.
•Work with other agency staff to ensure families needs are met.
•Perform Community Outreach activities.
•Participate in holistic case management for diverse populations
•Intervene as an Advocate for families to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
•Coordinate activities with courts, probation officers, community service.
Colorado UpLift, Denver, CO
March 2003 to May 2015
• Develop and taught character education and life skills curriculum in the Denver Public Schools to at risk middle and high school students.
• Acted as a mediator/mentor ; offered solutions to a diverse population of children and their families in crisis situations.
• Successfully manage teams of diverse high school students and train them to teach and mentor elementary school students.
• Developed and lead activities that taught teamwork, communication, leadership and life application lessons.
• Coordinate and manage food pantry that serves 1,200 students and their families, distribute over 10,000 pounds of food a month. Taught students healthy eating and cooking classes.
•. Purchased and prepared menu of healthy and nutritional meals for over 250 Summer Camp students and staff.
• Network with school administrators, parents, and community business leaders.
• Coordinated, organized and lead after school programs, sporting events, summer camps, and service learning projects.
Positive work Ethic
Urban Youth Ministries, Denver, CO
April 2003 to June 2012
• Coordinate, organize and lead youth bible studies with emphasis on personal growth and evangelism training.
• Mentor youth grades 7-12 by coming along side each student and being a positive roll model.
• Facilitate community service projects for over 100 students. Such as feeding the homeless at Denver Rescue Mission, assisting at The Ronald McDonald home with terminally ill children. Helping at Rocky Mountain Food Bank.
• Conduct summer camps for at-risk youth with Young Life.